Director of Edification and Philanthropy
Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable, Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non- profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Peru, Northeast India, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Position Start Date: Fall 2021
Location: TBD – Remote (US Only)
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Competitive medical & dental benefits and PTO
Job Type: Full Time; Exempt
The Director of Edification and Philanthropy is responsible for taking initiative in identifying new prospective donors, cultivating relationships, developing and implementing a donor cultivation strategy for his/her region. Above all, s/he is responsible for Christ-centered development and transformation of current and potential donors. Their donor strategy will focus primarily on pointing donors, potential donors, foundations, etc. to Christ. They are a self-starter with tremendous initiative, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently and/or remotely with great success. S/he will have the ability to present the Edify mission in clear verbal and written presentation formats, creating a compelling case for donor engagement. The Director of Edification and Philanthropy will strategically create ways to not only cultivate new relationships, but also deepen engagement level through educating donors on the work happening in the field. He/she will communicate effectively with donors in a passionate, compelling manner demonstrating humility, integrity and Christ-like character.
• Develop and successfully implement a donor cultivation strategy for the region under his/her supervision.
• Starting with $150,000 to be raised in the first year and doubling each year to $1 million the fourth year.
• Significantly expand a territory that has some active donors but should be grown to a large donor base by the Director of Edification and Philanthropy self-starting initiative.
• Organize and lead 2-3 international donor vision trips a year to observe Edify’s work in the field and travel with them.
• Manage a cost-effective regional development budget and related expenses.
• Develop a strong collaborative relationship with the other members of the Development Team and participate actively in the regular Development Team calls.
• Participate in Edify’s annual global meetings and in regularly scheduled program update calls to build relationships with teammates on the field and to stay informed on organizational priorities and impact.
• Actively access and utilize program activity data stored in Salesforce as well as to take a certain degree of self- directed initiative in gathering program data and stories of impact.
• Track donor relationships and report on donor cultivation activities through Salesforce.
Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting. Regular regional and domestic travel, along with 1-3 international trips each year is required. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
• Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to Edify’s mission.
• Living example of servant leadership, humble and willing to learn.
• Passionate about Edify’s mission and alleviating global poverty.
• Bachelor’s degree is required (graduate degree preferred).
• 3+ years fundraising, sales or other relevant experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to network well with great follow-through.
• Excellent written, verbal and public communication skills.
• Self-starter with intrinsic motivation, strong organizational skills and ability to work remotely with success.
• International development, community development or microfinance experience and/or knowledge is highly desirable.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.