Administrator and Communications Specialist
Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non-profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Northeast India, Peru, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, and Uganda. Learn more at www.edify.org.
Position Start Date: May 17, 2021
Location: Remote (US-based only)
Reports To: Director of Edification and Philanthropy
Salary Range: Competitive (based on experience)
Benefits: Competitive medical and dental benefits and PTO
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for a top performing, high functioning Administrator and Communications Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative workplace. This position will support the full cycle of donor cultivation and management activities for multiple development directors, as well as special projects for the Edify development team. Responsibilities will include proposal writing, donor event organization, creation of email updates for existing potential donor base, proposal and grant reporting, calendar management, CRM management, and content creation for post-grant reporting activities. This position will work closely with the Edify development team to perform diverse strategic functions including drafting new project proposals, professional support of donor outreach, and other administrative tasks as needed. This person must be an excellent written and verbal communicator with a high attention to detail, be a strategic problem solver and an effective time manager. This person must enjoy the constant innovation and initiation required in this creative and enthusiastic work context.
This position will be a full-time position interacting with the development team throughout the US and internationally, across the countries in which we work. The atmosphere of Edify is one where you can expect to perform widely varied tasks.
- Gather data and information for donor proposals and program activity reports.
- Assist in preparing and writing reports as required.
- Communicate with international staff members to gather updates from the field for donor engagement pieces and grant reporting.
- Support development directors in maintaining organization with, but not limited to, contact management (using Salesforce), maintaining files, and composing reports.
- Initiate follow-up reporting to key donors and foundations including sending thank you notes and other expressions of gratitude.
- Create and manage calendars for new proposals as well as post-grant reporting.
- Draft communication pieces for internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize donor cultivation events and providing onsite logistical support.
- Any other related job functions as required
Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting. The development team also meets on a semi-annual basis.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree (Preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Communications)
- 3-5 years of experience working in marketing, finance or international development. Non-profit experience is highly desirable.
- Experienced communicator that can interact at the executive level.
- Experienced writing reports for executive audiences.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of Edify
- Efficient and persistent, with extensive experience managing diverse tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and technology-based communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Creative and aggressive problem-solver with experience in organizing others to accomplish projects.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands and multiple deadlines.
- Interest in participating in fundraising and development work and ability to represent the organization with excellence.
- Utmost professionalism when dealing with confidential matters and with people inside and outside the organization.
- Strong MS Office skill set (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and the ability to create high-quality presentations.
- Experience working with CRM databases
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification: Persons offered employment in this position may be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.