Christian Transformation and Training Officer – Dominican Republic
Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable, Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non- profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Southeast Asia, Ethiopia, Peru, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reports to: Dominican Republic Country Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and education and competitive with other nonprofits.
The Edify Christian Transformation and Training Officer (CTTO) is a full-time position in the Dominican Republic. The CTTO is responsible for providing strategic direction, guidance, and coordination of Edify’s efforts to effectively integrate an intentional witness for Jesus Christ in its educational programs and other school interventions in the Dominican Republic. The CTTO will support, advise, coach, and provide training and technical assistance to field partners to maximize their effectiveness in Christian Transformation and Training.
This position will be a full-time position based in Santo Domingo. There will also be a collaboration with Edify’s global team in the other countries where Edify operates. The atmosphere of Edify is one where you can expect to perform widely varied tasks related to Christian training and transformation in education.
Edify believes in the importance of using local resources to avoid duplication and build local capacity. Most of its program activities are, therefore, implemented in partnership with local microfinance and training organizations.
In collaboration with the Edify Dominican Republic Christian Transformation and Training team, the CTTO will be responsible for designing, implementing, and assessing Edify’s programs for Christian training and transformation in the Dominican Republic. S/he will act as a coach and mentor for Edify partner school leaders. Additionally, the CTTO will support training activities on general education subjects, and any other tasks as required.
• Develop and manage relationships with Edify’s current Christian training partners in the Dominican Republic and local Christian school networks.
• Collaborate regularly with other Edify programs and stakeholders for the effective coordination of all planned training activities.
• Proactively develop other relationships with Christ-centered schools, organizations, and other strategic partners that would facilitate the program’s growth.
• Visit partner schools regularly in consultation with head teachers and school administrators to improve educational outcomes.
• Conduct school leader training regarding general education subjects as well as Christian character development.
• Manage and supervise all training conducted by other service providers.
• Develop, monitor, and measure implementation of training in the schools through direct school follow-up visits with head teachers and school administration.
Strategy, Planning, and Implementation
• Support the Country Director and Vice President of Transformation in implementing the strategic plan.
• Establish and supervise Edify’s spiritual integration strategy, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress.
• Direct hands-on oversight of day-to-day operations of Christian transformation and education training programs.
• Communicate Edify’s spiritual integration and training strategy to donors, management, staff, field partners, and other stakeholders.
• Provide monthly reports to Edify and other stakeholders, including an executive summary supported by key metrics for training programs, Christian transformation impact, curriculum development, and program initiatives.
• Collaborate with Edify-US Senior Management, lending partners, field staff, school loan clients, and other partners to collect stories of the impact relating to Christian transformation and other notable educational improvements resulting from the Edify
• Any other related tasks as required.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
• 5+ years’ work experience in international development, community development, or
related field preferred.
• Experience in the education sector as administrator, consultant, or educator preferred.
• 3+ years involved in Christian activities as part of his/her local church or Christian ministry is
• Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to Edify’s mission.
• A living example of servant leadership, humble and willing to learn.
• Passionate about Edify’s mission and alleviating global poverty.
• A high degree of integrity.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to take self-directed initiative to achieve agreed upon goals.
• Ability, willingness, and flexibility to learn.
• Highly proficient in collaborating with diverse stakeholders and teams.
• Must be capable of designing and delivering effective presentations.
• Strong leadership development skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
• Fluency in English and Spanish.
The position requires significant travel throughout the Dominican Republic and requires at least 30 school visits a month. In addition to local and regional travel, Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting and any other required travel. All international travel is currently paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.